Friday, November 23, 2007

Wedding Photographer steals photographs from my website

Today I received an email from a bride telling me my photographs appear on another photographers website with a different name for the couple. Unfortunately this sort of thing is not uncommon and it's not the first time parts of my website have been stolen.

Fun Photos (4un Photos) of Bournemouth (website http://www.funphotosonline.net/) have been using wedding photographs of mine in their portfolio. I network with many photographers around the world and have since discovered several other photographers from the USA whose work also appears on this website. Ironically they have set up a right click message which says "No copying!! copyright 4fun photos" . It seems the photographs came from the WPJA (Wedding Photojournalist Association) online gallery of award winning photographs.

Couples would have booked these photographers based on their online portfolio. I'm saddened that these couples would not have received the level of work they expected. When looking at photographers websites ask them to show you the complete weddings from the featured photographs. Genuine photographers won't mind you asking a few questions.

Update 29/11/07: My photographs have now been removed from the Fun Photos website.

No comments: