Thursday, September 27, 2007

Joanna & Robin in Devon on the 22nd September 2007.

On my second weekend in Devon I photographed Joanna & Robin's wedding at the beautiful Hotel Endsleigh. Situated above the river Tamar and surrounded by rolling countryside it's hard to think of a nicer location.

After an outdoors ceremony the couple and their guests had an afternoon of sport and entertainment including Archery, table football, table tennis and a Falconer. This all made for some great photographs. The evening was rounded off with a firework display.



www.pressphotography.co.uk

3 comments:

Tom said...

Absolutely awesome stuff as usual! Without giving away any trade secrets, how did you do the fireworks and did you use off-cam flash for the speech/reading picture?

Simon Atkins said...

I started off photographing the fireworks with my camera on a tripod and exposures long enough to capture several fireworks at a time. I felt I needed something in the foreground and spotted the candles on a table. For this shot I handheld at 1/4 second. I got two frames of this before the fireworks ended.

I lit the speeches using two off camera flashguns, one is sat on the table to the left and just out of shot. The second was sat on the table to the right. The room was too dark for available light with enough depth of field to keep everyone in focus. I wanted to shoot from the perspective of the person sat to the right, but not allow much light to fall on him.

Tom said...

Nice job and thanks for the info!